Friday, February 21, 2014

My First Blog

Ok, ok everyone...I am actually going to do this. People have been bugging me since my travels started in April to write a blog and now I'm going to.

Why? Mostly for myself really. So I can remember when things happen, so I can look back and see if my views have changed, so I can actually articulate what I believe and what I feel and know myself better. I also enjoy writing and rarely give myself a chance to flex those muscles, so this is a good option. 

So why not just keep a diary? Why make it public? If you're asking that question it's likely you don't know me too well. I am neither quiet nor bashful. The first thing I want to do when something eventful happens is tell EVERYONE, even if the subject matter (as it often is) is highly inappropriate. I just can't help myself. So why not do the ultimate loud-mouth move and put my thoughts down for everyone to see? I'm an open book anyway, may as well just hang it all out there. 

Many, many of you have claimed you want to keep in touch and hear all about my travels. While I'm sure most of you are earnest in that if we were sitting in a room together hanging out you'd be a captive audience for stories of my travels, I very highly doubt each of you wants to have a little skype conversation...and I'll be honest...I don't want to do that either, I'm shitty enough at phone calls. So I will make posts here and if you want to respond to me or ask me questions at least you'll have something concrete instead of "So how's Israel?"

I don't know how often I will update this. I don't intend on focusing on anything in particular but just what comes up as I find my way in Israel. It's likely there will be super personal details in here, maybe even a naughty story or two (or 10, let's be honest here). This blog will be as I am - without much of a filter and overindulgent. Perhaps it will make you roll your eyes, or giggle or blush or even make you uncomfortable. I don't really know. All I can say is it will be me - nothing but fresh, undiluted and pure, top of the line*. Read it or not, I won't be offended either way. This is more for me than it is for you, but you are welcome to bask in my ridiculous and ever-changing life.
































* And yes, it will probably be full of musical references ;)

1 comment:

  1. *thanks for that. miss you like crazy. sorry i was such a flake in your time here. don't it always seem to go...

    ReplyDelete